Start your career in food photography,
transform your inspiration into a marketable portfolio,
and make a living doing what you love.
you almost can't explain why it inspires you so much...
The food, the atmosphere, the sense of togetherness,
everything you feel when you pause on a page of you favorite
magazine or food blog.
But no matter how much time you devote to getting
creative with your camera, scouring the internet for tips and tricks, and making sure
you have ALL the natural light pouring onto your kitchen table...
Your own food photos fall far short of your vision.
INSPIRATION TO PORTFOLIO:
Learn the foundational skills of food photography,
and launch the creative life you’ll love <3
Create expert-level food photos (even with basic equipment!)
Set yourself apart as a food photographer – without investing a bunch of money in advertising.
Experience the feeling of total control over your camera.
Produce clean, professional edits in Photoshop or Lightroom.
Create a dynamic portfolio as you
begin to master the elements of composition.
Share your portfolio with
I am giving you the complete solution to the most common questions I receive about how to get started:
with a curriculum that goes deeper than
“just the basics”
How to get the most from this course by erasing the limits on what you believe is possible for you.
- Transform your inspiration into a portfolio
- Overcome the most common mindset blocks
- Take dynamic photos with four key elements
02 photography gear
What's necessary, what's not, and the extras that will make your life easier.
- Create the best photos with the simplest equipment
- Sneak a peek at my studio and the gear I love
- Purchase equipment with a priority-sorted gear list
Uncertainty, solved. Stylistic opportunities, unlocked.
- Discover the two essential food-photography lenses
- Turn lens decisions into a style choice
- Understand lens differences with a step-by-step demo
04 camera settings
Stop tip-toeing around on auto mode and shape your skill in manual
- Take control of your camera with three basic settings
- Confidently create the images you want without guessing
- Fine-tune your technique with tethering
Become skilful and intentional with the elements of a food photo. Join me on a deep dive into the design principles that will come naturally to you the more you practice them.
- Recreate the design elements in your favorite images
- Complete exercises and worksheets to help you master the elements of design
- Master set styling for food photography
06 color theory
Understand the geometry of color as well as the emotion it carries in your food photos.
- Gain a deep understanding of color geometry
- Understand our emotional relationship to color
- Transform your personal style as you consider color in a whole new light
07 natural light
When and how to use it for greatest impact.
- Harness natural light in your home or studio
- Look over my shoulder on a natural light set
- Manipulate natural light on the fly using my proven modifiers
08 artificial light
Simplifying this complex topic with the basics of a one-light setup.
- Start using artificial light with confidence
- Increase the efficiency of your one-light setup
- Modify and manipulate light with professional and makeshift tools
09 post production
The basics of retouching and food photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop. Look over my shoulder during retouching demos and follow along with your own photos.
- Optimize your workflow with Lightroom
- See my favorite, go-to editing tools in action
- Speed up your retouching and fine-tune your eye as you learn what to look for when editing
10 finding clients
Where to focus your efforts to create the most meaningful, creative relationships.
- Make yourself the MVP on any set
- Top tips for earning while you're learning
- Price yourself with profit in mind
Finding Your Artistic Voice Video Lesson & Workbook ($200 value)
- Discover what makes your photography unique
- Create a signature style that resonates with clients
- Bring your voice to your brand
Three-Light Setup: Tropical Farmer's Market Advanced Lighting Demo ($200 value)
- Learn an advanced artificial lighting setup
- Watch me live working on a set
- Listen in on photo business Q&A
"I can't thank Jena and her team enough for not just helping me grow my photography skills but to make me grow as a complete PHOTOGRAPHER."
— Neetu Laddha, Portfolio to Profit Graduate —
about your teacher...
I’m Jena, and I work with creative people all day every day to plan, style, shoot, and produce beautiful photos of the foods we love.
And yes…it’s as wonderful as it sounds.
I’m trained as a fine art painter and my background as an artist informs everything I do.
So when you’re learning from me, you’re learning foundational skills from someone who sees food photography the same way you see it: as art.
My goal is to see you not only master your equipment, but begin to trust your own unique perspective, and finally see the value that you and your camera bring to the table.
So tell me: what’s your vision? It’s time to start dreaming.
as seen in...
a career as a food photographer might still seem too good to be true.
I created this step-by-step beginner’s course because I know it’s not!
All that’s left is for you to trust your desire to learn the craft of food photography,
so you can use this investment to grow your confidence
beyond your wildest dreams.
choose the option that's best for your business:
Get your foundational training from me (Jena!) a highly sought-after, booked-out professional food photographer.
Will you be the first success story from
Inspiration to Portfolio?
Kind words from students in Portfolio to Profit, my year-long mentorship program:
Jena asked us to set some goals
so I set a goal for like, okay,
two clients per month, two shoots
per month. And I
thought at the time that that was kind of outrageous…
Within two months, I’m definitely doing two (shoots) per month.
P2P has impacted me financially, like, hugely.
I’ve seen significant growth in my skillset,
built a network of other food
industry professionals, and landed my first client at the goal income level I set at the beginning of P2P.
I had a small amount of
food photography background
as a food blogger,
but nothing to put me
at a professional level…
Joining P2P was the way for me to
bridge that gap. If you’re serious about
turning this into a career,
then take the leap and do it!
There are so many opportunities out there for you.
YOUR SUCCESS DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON YOUR OWN EFFORT, MOTIVATION, COMMITMENT AND FOLLOW-THROUGH. WE CANNOT PREDICT AND WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL ATTAIN A PARTICULAR RESULT, AND YOU ACCEPT AND UNDERSTAND THAT RESULTS DIFFER FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL. EACH INDIVIDUAL’S RESULTS DEPEND ON HIS OR HER UNIQUE BACKGROUND, DEDICATION, DESIRE, MOTIVATION, ACTIONS, AND NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS. YOU FULLY AGREE THAT THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES AS TO THE SPECIFIC OUTCOME OR RESULTS YOU CAN EXPECT FROM USING THE INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR PRODUCT. WHEN YOU PURCHASE OUR PRODUCT, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE ANY PARTICULAR RESULT OR OUTCOME USING ANY OF THE IDEAS, TOOLS, STRATEGIES OR RECOMMENDATIONS PRESENTED. WE MAKE NO PROMISES OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING YOUR LIKELIHOOD OF SUCCESS, PERFORMANCE, FUTURE EARNINGS, BUSINESS PROFITS, MARKETING PERFORMANCE, CUSTOMER GROWTH OR RESULTS OF ANY KIND. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WITH ANY BUSINESS ENDEAVOR THERE IS AN INHERENT RISK, INCLUDING A LOSS OF CAPITAL AND LOSS OF CUSTOMERS AND THEREFORE YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY SUCH RISK.
ANY EARNINGS OR INCOME STATEMENTS OR EXAMPLES SHOWN THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ARE ONLY ESTIMATES OF WHAT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. THERE CAN BE NO ASSURANCE AS TO ANY PARTICULAR FINANCIAL OUTCOME BASED ON THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE. YOU AGREE THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR EARNINGS, THE SUCCESS OR FAILURE OF YOUR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS DECISIONS, THE INCREASE OR DECREASE OF YOUR FINANCES OR INCOME LEVEL, OR ANY OTHER RESULT OF ANY KIND THAT YOU MAY HAVE AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION PRESENTED TO YOU THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR RESULTS.
I PRESENT TESTIMONIALS AND INSIGHTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE’S EXPERIENCES WITH MY WEBSITE FOR PURPOSES OF ILLUSTRATION ONLY. THE TESTIMONIALS, EXAMPLES, AND PHOTOS USED ARE OF ACTUAL CLIENTS. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT CURRENT OR FUTURE CLIENTS WILL ACHIEVE THE SAME OR SIMILAR RESULTS; RATHER, THESE TESTIMONIALS REPRESENT WHAT IS POSSIBLE FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY.